The best ergonomic garden tool
Ergonomic raised garden beds
The right raised garden bed defines your gardening experience. It is the most important ergonomic garden tool you can buy. Stop crawling on the ground, or awkwardly bending over making your gardening experience painful and frustrating. Our metal raised garden beds are Made in the USA and built to last. At a height of 36 inches, they offer unparalleled comfort for the novice and seasoned gardener. At Ergonomic Gardens, we have created the ultimate ergonomic garden tool for the job.
New for 2024 is the BedLock Evolution Garden™ bed, an ergonomic garden tool and composting raised garden bed in one! With the hügelkultur method, you can enjoy an elevated garden experience while producing your own raised garden bed soil.
We deliver to regions of Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Find out more today by checking our FAQs or in the product descriptions below. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram or YouTube to see the latest in our elevated gardens.
Our Ergonomic Garden Beds
4.5′ long x 39″ wide x 3′ tall
1.4 yards of total fill (38 cubic feet)
12.5 square feet of garden space.
Good planter for herbs, edible flowers, onions, shallots…
6.5′ long x 39″ wide x 3′ tall
2.1 yards of total fill (55 cubic feet)
18.5 square feet of garden space.
Good planter for greens, legumes, eggplants, determinate tomatoes, peppers…
8.5′ long x 39″ wide x 3′ tall
2.8 yards of total fill (75 cubic feet)
25 square feet of growing space.
Good planter for larger footprint vegetables like cabbages, indeterminate tomatoes, tomatillos… or if you want to grow a lot of something for canning
New Raised Garden Bed for 2024! The BedLockTM Evolution Garden
One of our early experiences with metal raised garden beds was moving one. The bottom two thirds of that hügelkultur bed was logs, leaves, and garden waste. The logs were still there, but almost everything else had composted into rich, dark soil. So, we thought it would be great to have a bed make quality soil right where we need it in the garden.
On that early bed, we had to dig down from the top to empty it, so that was not ergonomic.
We have been through several prototypes in our garden and now, we have one we think you will like. The fasteners are removable from the outside so the panels of the garden bed can be pulled away leaving a pillar of compost that can more easily used in other garden beds! (Patent Pending)
When you are done, put it back together and do it again.
This bed retains the dimensions of an Evolution Garden Bed, 6.5 feet long by 39 inches wide by 36 inches tall with 2.1 yards of total fill (55 cubic feet).
Why Ergonomic Gardens Tall Garden Beds?
- Ergonomic Gardens makes some of the tallest garden beds. The best ergonomic garden tool you can buy
- Our metal raised beds are the strongest available. We use minimum 24-gauge steel, one of the thickest on the market and our corrugation pattern has the highest structural integrity
- Long lasting, typically 5x longer than wood. Our materials should last 20-50 years as a metal raised garden bed
- Albedo, the ability to reflect heat, keeps metal garden beds at an even temperature (not too hot/not too cold)
- We get started weeks earlier in the spring with our raised beds and frost hardy plants
- No compacted soil from foot traffic, the aeration from looser soils in raised beds helps roots grow
- Enables soil quality control/improvement. Your soil has a biome and just like your gut biome, a healthy soil biome is critical to crop health, yields and pest resistance
- Grow anywhere, our raised beds can be placed on any surface that can safely hold the weight